Within the framework of FITUR 2021, QA LEGAL held a Breakfast – Conference entitled “INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC: THE MOMENT OF PUBLIC-PRIVATE COLLABORATION”, where both the Director of Public-Private Partnerships, Sigmund Freund, and the Director of ProDominicana encouraged Spanish entrepreneurs to invest in the country.
Madrid, Spain, May 20, 2021. Sigmund Freund, General Director of Public Private Partnerships (DGAPP), and Biviana Riveiro, Executive Director of ProDominicana – Center for Export and Investment of the Dominican Republic, offered details on investment opportunities offered the Dominican Republic to a group of businessmen representing high-level companies in sectors with the potential to invest in the country.
The presentation by government officials took place on Wednesday, May 19, during the breakfast-conference “Investment opportunities in the Dominican Republic: the moment of public-private collaboration”, organized by the Quiroz Advisors Office (QA Legal), held at carried out with the collaboration of Alias Corredora de Seguros, within the framework of the International Tourism Fair (FITUR) 2021 at the Hotel Relais Chateaux Orfila in Madrid. José A. Quiroz, Founding Partner of QA Legal, and Martín Carlevaro, expert in Infrastructure and Public-Private Partnerships and Senior Partner of BKM Berkemeyer were the other two speakers at the event.
As for the attendees, more than 50 businessmen met in person, as well as several Dominican businessmen who were in Madrid on the occasion of FITUR 2021. The event was also broadcast virtually in order to overcome capacity limitations on the occasion of the situation caused by COVID-19.
There was an outstanding participation of groups specialized in the construction sector with experience in concessions and public-private alliances in Latin America, as well as executives from companies in the banking, insurance, agri-food, renewable energy and sustainable development and consulting sectors.
- The Director of ProDominicana, Biviana Riveiro, highlighted that the Dominican Republic is the main recipient of foreign direct investment in the Caribbean region and the second investment destination in all of Central America, also highlighting that Spain is the main commercial partner in Europe and the fourth country among those who prefer the country as an investment destination.
- For his part, Sigmund Freund, Director of the GAPP, stated that this is the ideal time for PPPs, since there is a regulatory framework with benefits and attractions for the execution of projects through this modality, as well as with sectors of interest and projects defined to receive these investments, such as the Pedernales Tourism Development and the Amber Highway, among others.
- On the part of the host firm of the event, José Quiroz presented the Infrastructure and PPP Department of the Quiroz Advisors Office – QA Legal, which has vast experience and implementation of best practices in projects under the PPP modality, thanks to its strategic alliance with the firm BKM Berkemeyer, a firm that has a solid practice in infrastructure, advising hundreds of investors in the development of investment projects in the road, social, energy and sanitation infrastructure sector, having worked in the development of more than 40 projects under the PPP modalities, public works concessions, in several Latin American countries and in the United States.
- Martín Carlevaro, senior partner of BKM Berkemeyer, spoke about his extensive practice in the implementation of public-private collaboration projects in the region and about the lessons learned from more than 17 years of experience in the field, project financing and concessions of works or services public.
After finishing the presentations of the speakers, there was an interesting exchange between the participants of the event.
Next, we are pleased to share with you the video of the event “Investment opportunities in the Dominican Republic: the moment of public-private collaboration”:
También te puede interesar...
Jamaica Chamber of Commerce is launched in the Dominican Republic
Law No. 46-20: Law of Transparency and Equity Revaluation
Foreign Investment in the Dominican Republic
Arbitration method and why choose it
Wealth Management in the Dominican Republic
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Real estate law
- Tourism Law
- Environmental law
- Banking and Financial Law
- Infrastructure and Public-Private Partnerships
- Wealth management and trusts
- Energy, natural resources and mining
- Conflict resolution
- White Collar Crimes
- Immigration law
- International Legal Assistance for companies